Storm Glass -Weather Forecast Predictor
Storm Glass or Weather Glass was an instrument that was proposed as a method for predicting the weather. It consisted of a special liquid placed inside a sealed transparent glass. The state of crystallization within the liquid was believed to be related to the weather. The inventor is unknown but the device became popular in the 1860s.
- If the liquid is cloudy, the weather will be cloudy as well, perhaps with precipitation.
- If the liquid in the glass is clear, the weather will be bright and clear.
- If there are small dots in the liquid, humid or foggy weather can be expected.
- A cloudy glass with small stars indicates thunderstorms.
- If the liquid contains small stars on sunny winter days, then snow is coming.
- If there are large flakes throughout the liquid, it will be overcast in temperate seasons or snowy in the winter.
- If there are crystals at the bottom, this indicates frost.
- If there are threads near the top, it will be windy.
Measuring 65mm x 115mm, made of glass and wood.